Saturday, August 6, 2011

Whining and pissing and moaning

Yup, pretty much all three all the time...I am a joy to live with these days.  My husband is a saint.  Or he is heavily medicated.  Either way, I'm very lucky.

I am seven weeks pregnant and am utterly overjoyed by and with this little person I am growing.  I don't want to lose sight of that.  I am GROWING A PERSON.  Hear me roar.  What a powerful thing to be doing.  These days when I am annoyed by some numbnut at work, I think to myself "Are you growing a person?  I think not.  So back the fuck up."  It helps tremendously. 

I've had two ultrasounds - one at four weeks and one at six weeks.  The one at four weeks didn't show anything but at six weeks, lo and behold, there was a little blob and an egg sac (am I having a chicken??) and a heartbeat.  A HEART. BEAT.  And I got to hear it.  That's a real little person in there!  Without a doubt one of the coolest sounds I have ever heard.

The nurse practitioner, Nan, has been wonderful.  I have seen her twice and she has been gentle and attentive and didn't laugh at my questions last week which were ...
  • can I eat deli turkey?
  • can I eat tuna?
  • can I eat bleu cheese?
  • can I color my hair?
  • can I go to the dentist for a cleaning?
At least I had one question that was serious and didn't make me sound utterly vain and selfish.

And now for a few minutes of whining:
  • I'm tired alllll the time
  • I've had "low grade" nausea for about a week now, all day every day
  • my hands and feet started swelling this week
  • my bras can barely contain me anymore
  • I have to pee all the time but mostly AT NIGHT WHEN I'M TRYING TO SLEEP (5 fricking times last night!)
  • I'm cranky and teary and I miss my Effexor!!!
I know know know this is all worth it and it is all going to be okay.  Exercise would help and I really want to start walking and taking yoga.  I also want to add in some acupuncture because I think that could help with some of my emotional struggling.

Deeeeep breath.  That's better.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! Whine away, that's a lot to deal with without Effexor!

    ReplyDelete