Friday, July 22, 2011

Thursday, July 14, 2011

I told D yesterday.  I texted her and she called me about two seconds later in tears.  She is incredibly excited and supportive and said she needs to move here to be closer.  I second that.
 
Here's an email exchange between Mamala and me over the past two days (newest at the top):


Given the hormone surges, you may not even notice the lack of effexor.  You are your very own little happy pill!  Thank you for keeping me up on the doctor visit.  I didn't want to ask.  I hope you are already asleep.  I love you, Sweetheart. mamala


On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 8:01 PM, wrote:

I know, D is completely one of us.  She's a real mix of you and me with her own quirky wonderfulness thrown in.  I am very grateful for her, and love that you two love each other, too.

Went to my regular dr today and got my meds switched - she's taking me off the cholesterol medication and weaning me off Effexor.  That just leaves the high BP meds.  I will see how things go off the Effexor.  I'm going to plan on it working just fine.  (I have my therapist saved on my phone for quick access if needed!)

The dr drew a blood test for hcg as requested by the OB and will share the results with the OB (and me) when they come back Friday.  Friday - I have to wait 'til then!  This gives them a little more guidance about how pregnant I am - more so than a urine test. 


xoxo   



Subject: RE: Thank you
Sent: Wed, July 13, 2011 2:25:55 PM

I read your email today and then got one from D.  I will forward it to you. She is soooo our girl.  I am so glad you have her back in your life.  After J and me, no one could love you more!


Subject: Re: Thank you
I texted D today and told her - my phone rang about two seconds later and she was in tears.  We couldn't talk b/c my cell reception is poor in my office but we texted and she said she is ready to move to here b/c 4 hours is too far away.  So - you and A need to get moving so you're here, too!  She asked if you know (of COURSE you know!) and what your response was.  I think you two are having the same response.  :)  Only person left to tell is W...oh and G&A. 
 

Sent: Wed, July 13, 2011 11:28:14 AM
Subject: Re: Thank you
You sound like such a grown up, B!  You are doing everything absolutely right.  Whatever you choose to do regarding the medical person you want will be just as right.  Doncha just love going to the doctor NOW?!  It's a whole different ballgame.  It is all about you because you are all about Baby!  I am so happy for you and J.  Anything you and J decide to share with others is so ok.  Just enjoy yourselves.  This is such a happy part of life and one you two chose carefully.  Joy is cheap and spreading it around will add to the happiness of whoever you tell.  A and I can't stop smiling.
Thank you for letting me check out the doc. office you have contacted.  That is really generous of you.  I will try to stay within the lines of my 'business,' but if I take one G I A N T step over the line, just tell me.  After all, you are the mother of MY grandchild!  You are also my baby girl and when I think about my baby having her baby, it just fills me deep, deep love for you. (and a few tears)
L'chaim!

On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 9:49 AM, wrote:

Thank YOU, Mamala!  I had thought of Papa A. too because of your Papa A.  :)  Going to my regular doctor today at 4:00 to get my meds straightened out so I am on things that are okay.  I called the midwife office yesterday - they haven't called back.  The nurse at the OB/GYN the midwife office again and will also see how this OB/GYN office "feels" when I go.
Love you!!


Sent: Tue, July 12, 2011 8:58:05 PM
Subject: Thank you

Dearest ...,
A.and I are so thrilled for you both.  B. your voice was touched with awe - so gentle and happy.  Already this magical child is transforming all our lives and s/he can't be more than a few hundred cells big! 
May you, J. and baby be surrounded with love, health, and joy - always!
We love you sooooooo much!  Mamala and Papa A.
ps- Let us know when we can start shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment