Saturday, June 25, 2011

blogging conference

I spent the last couple of days at a blogging conference. It was held in my own backyard which offered me the opportunity to dip my toes in without making a big financial commitment. It has been terrific and eye-opening and thought-provoking. It's a big ol' Blog WORLD out there.

The keynote speaker was an amazing woman named Patti Digh who encouraged us to
>write in our own voices
>write what is extraordinary about ordinary life
>stop waiting
>come as you are.

It was profound. I was teary by the end. I have a voice, but do I know how to use it? Do I know what I want to say?

And then all the insecurities...
am I smart enough?
funny enough?
interesting enough?
successful enough?
likeable enough?

Am I ENOUGH?


I'm so fearful that I'm not enough.

2 comments:

  1. You ARE enough. Believe it. Say it three times a day. Thank you for being you and saying what we all feel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, thank you, sweet B.I. What a lovely and much appreciated thing to hear. xo

    ReplyDelete