Tuesday, June 28, 2011

aaaand it's back to work

After four wonderful days off, several spent at Type A Parent Conference (http://typeaconference.com/) - though I'm not a parent and not especially Type A (anymore) - and a couple spent with family, it was back to the grind today. Each time I return to work after some time off, I try hard to hold on to that feeling of post-vacation bliss ... reminding myself that this is not all there is, that I will find something that better suits me, that I can choose my attitude and the way I respond to the people with whom I work ...

Yeah, blah, blah, whatever. I usually make it to noon before my irritation level is jacked right back up to where it was before I left.

I did a bit better this time (yay me!). In the back of my mind I held on to the experience of the conference, the love and support I felt from seeing my family, and the fact that I could send snarky tweets all damn day whenever some joker annoyed me. How very zen. Serenity now.

No comments:

Post a Comment