Saturday, January 8, 2011

2011: more reading, more exercise, more s-e-x...

Lofty goals for the new year!  I'm serious about all three.  The first two are pretty self-explanatory but number three maybe requires a little clarification.  I have been on an antidepressant for years and, as anyone who has been on one knows, it basically means a non-existent libido.  (Insert sad face.)  The thing is, it's not really sad for me because I don't feel like I'm missing anything.  I have no, or almost no, physical desire so hey, let's watch TV instead.  It's not like it is an unpleasant experience, it just doesn't seem all that much more exciting than emptying the dishwasher.  This is not a good thing for my marriage though.  My husband is not on an antidepressant and he does experience physical desire and, really, it's not normal to not be intimate with your spouse.  And I love him so very, very much.  When I asked, he somewhat sheepishly told me that his resolution for 2011 is for us to have weekly, ah, interactions.  For years (YEARS), he has been lucky to get lucky monthly or every couple of months.  I feel like a shitty wife when I think of this.  He has been so patient and understanding but I know it hurts his feelings.

No comments:

Post a Comment